Thursday, February 3, 2011

Writing Contests

So I just learned about the new contest called the Paris Literary Prize, which is a contest celebrating the novella. It is for unpublished authors only, and the prize is 10,000 Euros. That's a lot of money, and hey, I love novellas!

Problem. It's biannual, which according to Webster's means twice a year, but in this case actually means every two years. And the submissions were due in December of last year. Which means I have to wait till I'm 23 to enter this contest, if I don't get published before then. Balls.

I mean, maybe I won't get published before then. Maybe my life will take an entirely different trajectory. But who knows? All I can do is practice and practice and hopefully get better. My forte appears to be in happy/human interest stories (judging from the responses I get to the stuff I publish for my school's online newspaper), but maybe if I try to write something more serious, I can find an audience as well. I'll never know unless I try.

Submissions for my school's literary magazine are due on Sunday. I think I might just try and hammer out something for once in my life- I've been putting it off long enough!

0 comments:

Post a Comment