Monday, January 3, 2011

Obligations Suck

Ah, the demands of real life. I've had three betas read what I've written of my novel so far, and even though I've gotten a very positive response from all of them, I can't work on it for at least a week. The reason? I've got two papers, several news assignments, six internship applications, and schoolwork on my mind.

It's pretty frustrating, to be quite honest. I don't have class until 3:30 tomorrow, so I have a lot of time on my hands (well, time is relative...I'm meeting a friend for brunch tomorrow, so that will eat up a chunk of my time). I'm in the zone right now and I'm all powered up, but I can't do it because I have a lot of other things to do!

This. Is. Balls.

On the one hand, some of the things I have to do will challenge me artistically. On the other hand, I would much rather be working on my novel.

Well, whatever. If Veronica Roth could do it in between doing her homework, so can I!

...at least I can after I get my papers done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment