Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012

So I'm trying this whole writing persistently thing. And that starts with making a post on the first day of the year! Although I'm technically cheating- as I'm typing this out, it is 11:58 pm and almost January 2nd! Still, I started this on the first day of the year, so let's just say it counts.

I wouldn't say I'm super superstitious or anything, but I've always been fond of the idea of astrology and numerology, and apparently this year is supposed to be great for my creativity and in helping me push myself to my creative limits. And honestly, that is what I'm hoping for. I've been slowly working toward a lot of different goals, and now that I'm out of school, I hope I can find the time to focus all the way.

So, goals for 2012:
a) finish one of my novels
b) write at least 2 short stories per month
c) submit 12 and get at least two published
d) start the query process for my novel

I don't think those are unreasonable goals! Of course, I do have higher ambitions, but for ones that are written down and clearly feasible, I don't think anything I've put here is out of the question!

0 comments:

Post a Comment